Friday, January 18, 2008

It gets goofy over there....

As a Kossack, one of the joys of Daily Kos is reading the diaries that catch your eye.

Some writers I like, and some I read only once.

But, primary season is upon us and frankly I am beginning to burn out. The endless 'Support Obama, because all the cool kids are supporting Obama' diary line is inane and off-putting as far as I am concerned.

Sorry Obama-lama-ding-dongs, but Obama is a political lightweight, with questionable progressive, let alone liberal credentials. He seems full of this hope and optimism and windy exuberence, but doesn't seem to have a position about anything. Classic rubber politician. Not much more. He grins, he glowers, he speaks and poses for photos. Other than that, this guy is an empty shirt, and we already have one of those occupying the White House, we don't need another one.

Edwards is far more establishment/conservative than I thought. Granted it is a paleo-conservativism moderated by real life experience beyond and outside of a bourgeois neighborhood country club. But even here, I am beginning to wonder about his committment to good government, a return to liberty, and more, an end of imperial idiocy. What turned me were Senator Feingold's recent statements about Mr. Edwards voting for PATRIOT, Iraq, and now attacking these acts. I tend to basically trust Feingold.

Then there is Senator Clinton. Ugh. I wish Senator Clinton would stay in the Senate. She has a great future there, and I see her as Madame Majority Leader.

No comments: